Figures from Autonomy give an indication of the scale of our social interactions which generate the Big Data from social streams. Every minute:
- 98,000 new Tweets
- 23,148 apps downloaded
- 400,710 ad requests
- 208,333 minutes of Angry Birds played.
- 350000 Facebook updates
Social Is Propelling Big Data Forward:
- 30 billion pieces of content were added to Facebook this past month (the goliath for Big Data)
- Zynga processes 1 petabyte of content for players every day
- More than 2 billion videos were watched on YouTube … yesterday
- The average teenager sends 4,762 text messages per month
- 32 billion searches were performed last month … on Twitter
Autonomy’s private cloud reached over 50 petabytes in April and last week, the hp owned business released new tools focused on big data, so clearly big data is a critical focus going forward for Hp.
Worldwide IP traffic will quadruple by 2015 and there will be 3 billion people online; the data created and shared will be close to 8 zettabytes.
But making use of all this Big Data is where every major corporation is interested – there are heaps of behavioural data in the social streams. click to enlarge