The 6 Steps of Inbound Marketing
Impact Branding & Design created this great infographic explaining the Inbound Marketing Process. Here is a brief summary of the process:
1. Develop a marketing strategy – Establish clear goals, objectives, and tactics.
2. Create & maintain a great website – it is not a static entity, track it adjust it and improve it
3. Get and increase your website traffic – help your target audience with great content and thought leadership
A blog gets you 55% more traffic!
400% more indexed pages are produced by blogging
Nearly 2/3 of U.S. internet users regularly use a social network
20% of monthly Google searches are for local businesses
4. Convert traffic to leads – email marketing, promotions, downloads and analytics to understand what works well and what doesn’t – invest in what is working and change what isn’t
5. Convert leads to sales – many small businesses can use marketing automation tools to identify follow up on sales leads e.g. Eloqua.com, Hubspot, or Marketo. Build your CRM, segment your customers, personalise your communications and follow up your sales leads.
6. Measure everything – measuring and understanding how your investment (time, money and people) is translating into profitable business is vital. I often talk to business owners who do not know who there top 10 most profitable clients and what clients are not profitable or least profitable. Having a plan to improve the lowest 20% of customers can transform a business.